New words every day of December!
Clan created 30-Nov-14 20:38, and membership is open to all.
Lexember is an annual conlang activity in which conlangers add at least one new word to their lexicons every day.
The idea is to try to fill holes in your lexicon to make the language more usable. That being said, it doesn't hurt to have some fun with the new words, either.
This is a sharing exercise, too! All participating conlangers will post their new words each day they're added. When you look at the Lexember board, you'll see a thread for each day of the month. Post your new words, the language you're adding them to, and their English definitions. Many conlangers also include etymology, cultural facts, or images to give the words greater depth, too. Of course this isn't mandatory, but it's wicked fun.
The user @Lexember Bot will be the primary mode of communication for Lexember.
There are also contests to try your hand at! Check the Contest Hall board for the current problems.
[top]How to Participate
- Join this clan!
- Find the thread for the day of December (so if today's the 1st, find the thread titled 'Lexember 1').
- Threads will post themselves automatically at midnight UTC, and will close automatically at midnight UTC two days later. Threads are open for a total of 48 hours.
- If you miss the opportunity to post in a Lexember thread, sorry! Threads will not be reopened after they close. Lexember is fast-paced!
- Do not add threads to the main Lexember board. Use the Lexember Discussion board instead.
- Each day will have a theme, though the theme is not mandatory. It is just a way to give you a starting point as to what word(s) you'll being adding. Every tenth day will be a free day, with no theme at all.
- Post the word that you added today, the language it has been added to (using the <lang></lang>* tags!), and its English translation.
- Some conlangers have gotten creative in the past and included images, etymology, usage information, or background cultural facts! Include as much or little as you'd like.
To participate in the contests, just go to the Lexember contest hall board and follow the directions in the threads for whichever contests are open. This takes the form of sending @Lexember Bot your answers to the problems.
*Note that to receive the participation or completion award at the end of Lexember, you must use the lang tags in your posts for it to be counted!
You must be a clan member to see this clan's boards.
LLexemberNew words every day of December!Lexember BotOpen07-Oct-21 15:29
Lexember?2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... > >>
LLexemberNew words every day of December!Lexember BotRead-only21-Nov-20 21:54
LLexemberNew words every day of December!Lexember BotAdmin
LLexemberNew words every day of December!middlelingjoined 12-Dec-20 00:47
LLexemberNew words every day of December!Charcatjoined 30-Nov-20 01:28
LLexemberNew words every day of December!Brian Wangjoined 28-Nov-20 04:22
LLexemberNew words every day of December!XYSjoined 20-Nov-20 11:13
LLexemberNew words every day of December!konekikolekojoined 30-Nov-18 03:47
LLexemberNew words every day of December!Hicky Pebblejoined 02-Dec-17 18:23
LLexemberNew words every day of December!sulashunajoined 24-Nov-17 01:38
LLexemberNew words every day of December!krysXjoined 20-Nov-17 19:50
LLexemberNew words every day of December!Dillon Dean Hartwigjoined 25-Nov-16 22:07
LLexemberNew words every day of December!jhstudios9joined 20-Nov-16 18:44
אProto-Langersa clan for those who like to make proto languagesDevilsartist1234joined 28-Aug-21 21:00
λLGBTfor those who are non-heterosexual, non-cisgender, or a supportive allyMoonDreamerjoined 27-Aug-21 02:49
✱ConlangerCWS ConlangerTheQuantiXjoined 09-Aug-21 09:16
✱ConlangerCWS Conlangermasonjoined 21-Jun-21 02:53
☼Cartography and MapmakingFor those who like to map, to share ideas and maps!Gleb Zajarskijoined 04-May-21 15:00
✱ConlangerCWS Conlangerrossejoined 18-Apr-21 06:38
ㄹ/r/conlangsThe /r/conlangs clanÖk joined 28-Feb-21 22:38
✱ConlangerCWS ConlangerInfurbishedOwljoined 05-Feb-21 17:42
✱ConlangerCWS ConlangerEliiLarezjoined 27-Dec-20 22:18
✨Celtic League of ConlangsFans of Celtic languages unite :)ngoomiejoined 24-Dec-20 06:14
✱ConlangerCWS ConlangerShawnty320joined 23-Dec-20 04:18
✱ConlangerCWS ConlangerJustin C 333joined 18-Dec-20 15:18