1▲ 1 ▼ 0
This public article was written by Admin Sheep, and last updated on 30 Apr 2016, 04:35.
[comments] [history] cws help
14. Relative clausedictionary for the currently set language (see top right corner of the header).
[top]Searching the dictionary
The first and foremost thing you can do from this page is search the dictionary for the current language. The dictionary will remember your most recent search options and have these preset when you first enter the page. The search options are shown to the right of the search field, and can be edited by clicking the 'Search Options' link.
The search query is entered into the first field. This can be a complete word, several words, or just a partial word. You can also use '%' as a wildcard search. So for example, '%s' will return any words ending in 's' and '%s%' will return results containing 's'. The right hand side are the options you can use to search with. This includes things like which field to search for, and how to sort the results.
Click the '▼ Search' button when you are ready to perform the search. Any search results that are highlighted in pink are missing a WordLink reference. This means this will need to be edited. For more information on what WordLink is, click here.
The image below shows a basic search for the term 'Snow' in Nithalos.
The buttons below the search form take you to various different pages with different functions. An outline of these is below:
- ▼ Search — run the search
- ★ Add — add a new word to the current dictionary
- ⚒ Settings — change the settings for the current dictionary
- » Import — import words to the current dictionary
- « Export — export lexicon for the current dictionary
- ⇋ Link — run the WordLink auto-match script
- ⚒ Maintenance — see where there are gaps/problems with your dictionary
- ✖ Purge — remove all entries from this dictionary
Hello! I am currently trying to add a word to my dictionary, they, but I don't know which one to choose for the English definition. I just want a simple "they" which could be any combination of gendered people and all that, but I can't figure out which choice that is.
on 30/04/16 04:35-18severycodefix